27 April 2012

Rain, Rain Go Away ........

Well, the last 10 days have been a total washout. There has been torrential rain, flooding and some truly awesome thunder storms. Sadly, this has meant that gardening has been off the agenda and the only time I ventured into the garden in the last few days was to tip the large puddles off the top of my makeshift polybed in a vain attempt to stop it squishing my poor tomato plants. While I appreciate that the rain is much needed to avoid a major drought, it's very depressing because I have been trying to put up my polytunnel for the last month. (The picture is one I took of the polytunnel that was on display in the shop before I bought it) Sadly, it's still sitting in it's enormous box in the hallway waiting for a fine day to put it up. Fingers crossed it's soon because I'm running out of room for my seedlings :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment