24 April 2013

Bad Back!

Sorry but there will be no photos on this post because unfortunately, I'm in great agony and I haven't been out anywhere this week to take any pictures. I have a bad back. It's kind of at the bottom of my back on the right hand side and it's very painful so, all the things I had been planning to do have been put on the back burner ...... no pun intended! This all started before Christmas when I decided to paint the ceiling in my living room. My living room is quite large, it's about 35 foot by 20 foot and the ceiling is covered in the dreaded Artex which at the moment, I can't afford to have re-skimmed. It's an absolute nightmare to paint but it needed doing so one day in November, I attacked it with my usual enthusiasm and managed to get two thirds of it done before my back gave out. Quite frankly, my back has not been the same since. Sometimes it's fine but at the moment, it's excruciatingly painful and it takes a couple of pain killers first thing in the morning before I can function. Not good really, considering how much stuff I need to get done, so until the effect of the pain killers kicks in, I thought I would write a quick post. 

In my living room, on the wall, I have a huge whiteboard on which I write all the stuff that I need to do.  There is a list of long-term stuff and a list of short-term stuff and they're both very long lists. I like lists. I get great satisfaction ticking things off when I have done them and it's good for me to have the constant visual reminder of things that need doing. The stuff that's up there at the moment is mostly decorating ...... I need to paint the kitchen, the hall and the downstairs loo and finish the ceiling in the living room and there is also loads of sewing I need to do ....... one Roman blind for the kitchen and a door curtain for my bedroom not to mention the stuff for the market. There is also a massive list of stuff that I need to do in the garden. My raised beds need digging over, the lawn needs mowing, the borders need weeding and the patio needs clearing and I need to give the front of the house another coat of paint so, having a bad back at the moment is terribly inconvenient. 

I almost wish I could sit and watch mindless daytime telly but I can't even do that because I have to get the house cleaned and sorted ready for the weekend and I have to make some things for the market tomorrow although I'm not sure how I will manage standing up all day in the cold ...... the weather here in Cornwall is still a bit chilly and the sun has disappeared again after it's brief appearance on Friday and Saturday so the market will be at least a 3 layers of clothes week this week I think. Anyway, that's what I'm up to at the moment. Hopefully, the back will sort itself soon because I don't have time to be ill. I have way too much to do! Oh ..... and on a much happier note ........ I am finally hoping to go and get some chickens next week ........ so ....... watch this space ...... I'm so excited :-)




10 comments:

  1. Poor you! It sounds like you could do with some physio/osteopathy/ chiropractic intervention.
    Hope it improves dramatically and quickly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are in pain, I suppose that you have had a hot water bottle on it. I use arnica cream on pain sometimes it works, I find most of the aches and pains creams useless,although deep heat works sometimes. My back is fine but I have a dicey shoulder and if I over reach I know that I am in for a painful week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing, a back pain really does lay you low as there is nothing you can do. I hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear I hope you recover properly soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear - do take care. Backs are so difficult once they're out of alignment or strained. Have you been to an osteopath - I swear by mine. He's very careful and although it sounds alarming, when manipulated, I find that combined with regular strengthening and stretching exercises, the problems are kept at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. If i lived nearer to you I would help. Take care.
    Dianne - Hereford

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your back gets better soon - its not good having to live on pain killers for days on end - don't worry about the decorating it'll still be there when you're feeling better and fully fit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your back gets better soon and that you cope at the market : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing, I can really sympathise. I really hope everything settles down soon and that you can be pain free.X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear your in pain. I had the same happen to with right in the middle of so much to do. I wondered where it went! I was booked in to have some scans on it, and it just totally disappeared. Think it must have been the old arthritis playing up. I hope you recover soon and can get back to what you were doing. Sue

    ReplyDelete